10 Questions to Ask Before You Build a Custom Home
Building a custom home is an exciting process. Whether you’re building the home you plan to retire in or the home you plan to pass on from one generation to the next, you really want to make sure you have all your ducks in a row for this exciting and emotional investment. When you’re building a custom home, decisions must be made and they ultimately rest on your shoulders. Quick and informed decisions ensure that projects stay on track and your goals are understood. Here are 10 questions to ask before you build a custom home.
- What features are most important to me? What can I not live without?
- What features would be nice to have — if the budget permits — but I could do without?
- When is the best time to start my home build?
- Where will I store all documents relating to my home build?
- How will I track conversations with my builder?
- Who is my main point of contact with the builder I have selected?
- Who is the best decision-maker in my family – myself, my partner or my spouse? Do we disagree on any points?
- What is my goal completion date? Is it reasonable?
- How long will it take to build my home?
- Will there be any potential issues or expenses? Ask your designer about any potential issues in your desired design.
The custom homebuilding experience is an exciting one and careful planning is a crucial part of the process. When you’re ready to build the home of your dreams, contact Crystal Creek Builders. We offer a full array of services that starts with the initial planning and design phases of your new custom home. Our services customize your needs and personal preferences so that you can have the comfortable custom home of your dreams. Contact us today to learn more about our free lot evaluation and Custom Design Services for only $975.
Crystal Creek Builders