As Prescott’s leading custom home builder, it recently caught our eye that the website Touropia put Prescott near the top of its list of charming small towns in Arizona. Here’s what they had to say:
The charming, tree-lined streets and cool climate of Prescott make it the perfect summer retreat for those wanting to escape the sweltering Arizona heat. This old mining town sits in the Central Arizona mountains and is dotted with attractive, early 20th century, Victorian-style architecture.
Prescott’s popular historic downtown is centered around the stately Neoclassical 1916 Yavapai County Courthouse and is where the colorful Whiskey Row is located. The somewhat lively area is busy, with friendly locals and visitors enjoying the numerous dining and shopping opportunities. The Prescott National Forest also offers travelers a chance to get into the great outdoors to mountain bike, hike, and camp among the beauty of the mountains.
That got us thinking about what others have said over the years. Here’s a sample of what we found:
- One of the Top 5 Places to Retire – Money Magazine
- 2nd Best Place to Retire in U. S. – Smart Money/Wall St. Journal
- #3 in “10 American Spots You Don’t Know About Yet, But Should” – Huffington Post
- One of a dozen “Distinctive Destinations” – National Trust for Historic Preservation
- 1 of 7 Greatest Places to Live – Bottom Line
- #3 in Top 10 Destinations on the Rise – Trip Advisor
- #1 in Top 25 for Clean Air – American Lung Association
- In Top 10 “Dream Cities” – Sunset Magazine
- Among Top 100 Cities to Live and Launch a Business – Fortune Small Business
- Top “Green” Arizona City – Sperling’s Best Places
- #5 among Fastest-Growing Small Metro Areas – Forbes.com
- 3rd in the country for job growth and economic vitality – INC. Magazine
- An Emerging Art Town – American Southwest Magazine
- One of 100 Best Communities for Young People – American Promise
- One of 7 Top Trail Towns – Trail Runner Magazine
- 8 Cities for Golf (and much more)! – Where to Retire Magazine
We couldn’t agree more. Prescott is pleasant, prosperous and historic. Recreation is plentiful in nearby mountains, small lakes and in the area’s many nice golf courses. Many like the area because it has four seasons, low humidity, and lots of sunshine.
As you think about your next move, think Prescott. And if you’re thinking about Prescott, think Crystal Creek Builders. Our team can’t wait to talk with you about our fair city!
Your Friends at Crystal Creek Builders