Time spent inside close quarters during the coronavirus pandemic is causing some urbanites to consider moving from the city, a recent Harris Poll shows.
Nearly 40% of U.S. adults living in urban areas indicated they would consider moving “out of populated areas,” compared to 29% of overall respondents. And 43% of urbanites – a significantly higher percentage than of suburban (26%) and rural (21%) residents – said they’d recently browsed real estate websites such as Zillow, Redfin and Realtor.com.
“Space now means something more than square feet,” Harris Poll CEO John Gerzema said, according to Axios. “Already beset by high rents and clogged streets, the virus is now forcing urbanites to consider social distancing as a lifestyle.”
If you’re thinking of a great escape, Arizona is ready for you!
- One of the best things about Arizona is its affordability. Overall, the cost of living is considerably lower than other states. This means residents can afford new homes and larger homes and even have a little bit left over.
- Stunningly beautiful. Arizona has some of the most unique and majestic natural surroundings of any state and there are so many beautiful places to see. You will be in awe of the state’s mountain views, uniquely beautiful cacti, stunning rock formations, and gorgeous lakes.
- Climate-diverse. Depending on what you like, you can find warm temperatures, plenty of sunshine and even snow in the mountains.
- Slower paced. Unlike major cities where traffic can be a nightmare, Arizona is much easier to access and you won’t have to spend hours each week sitting in traffic jams. Commutes are generally pretty easy, and you don’t have to rely on public transportation to get around.
- Sports-minded. Whether you’re looking for professional NFL, MLB, NBA, WNBA and NHL teams or world-class golf courses, you can find it close by in Arizona.
With historically low interest rates sweetening the deal, now’s the time to put a plan into action.
We’re Prescott’s premier custom builder and can help you find your way in one of Arizona’s top destinations.
Give us a call to learn more.