Luxury, like beauty, may in the eye of the beholder. For home buyers, there are certain features and amenities that most think as must-haves in terms of luxury. And, yes, they’re totally attainable if you’re looking to build your dream home.
Here are 10 luxurious ideas:
- A Home Where Character Counts – Open Floor Plans Triumph. A home is not luxurious unless it has a grand entryway and an airy open floor plan. In fact, an open floor plan is the number one factor cited in a 2013 luxury home survey done by Coldwell Banker.
- Technology. Today’s homeowners want it all when it comes to technology. Literally, with a touch of a button on your smart phone you can now lock your doors, control your homes climate, control lights and control your alarm system all from the other side of the country!
- Fully Stocked Kitchen. Forbes Magazine cites that an appliance-lined, commercial-grade kitchen is a must for a top-drawer home. An affluent kitchen will always contain warming drawers, wine fridges, restaurant quality appliances, and plenty of storage via a walk-in pantry.
- Outdoor Kitchens and Pools. Luxury buyers now crave the creature comforts of a cozy outdoor kitchen and cooking area that includes a built-in gas grill, a sink, food prep area, a small fridge, and plenty of lavish stone patio seating areas. Large pools, hot tubs and changing cabanas also top the wish list.
- Location, Location, Location. Everyone desires a little piece of paradise – with a maximum amount of safety and privacy. And you can’t beat Prescott, Arizona, for natural beauty!
- Game and Theatre Rooms. Luxury homes are taking this trend even farther with amenities such as indoor basketball courts, indoor pools, and lavish sports bars. Essentially, the more unique the gaming and theatre facilities, the better.
- Spa Bathroom. Homeowners want to re-create the opulence of a world-class hotel or spa into their everyday lives. This includes massive walk-in showers with head-to-toe shower jets, floors with radiant heat, towel warmers, and of course a huge soaker tub.
- Exercise Room. Why sweat it out at the gym when you can build a private fitness facility into your own home? Besides the weights and equipment, luxury also means wireless speakers, televisions, and even a sauna for post-workout relaxation.
- Sanctuary Bedroom. Luxury means the bedroom is a large open space with room for a massive bed and plenty of seating areas, with automation systems for lighting, security, remote control window shades and climate control.
- Superlative Closet Space. Women and men alike seem to have an increasing desire for a large separate room for dressing and displaying their garments. Think of walls lined with cedar shelves, racks to display shoes, purses and neckties, and of course plenty of lighting and mirrors to model your look.
This may not be your total list of luxury – we all have our own tastes and styles. One thing is for certain – luxury appointments like these are attainable! Give us a call and let’s start the conversation!
Your Friends at Crystal Creek Builders
Adapted from an article appearing on MyMove.com